Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chui, the Character Design for the Speech Graduation at the Art Center!


Hello!!

Today's post was a fun work! My teacher, and friend, Richard Keyes, who I have been working as a Teacher Assistant for around a year already, was honored with the Great Teacher Award 2013 at the Art Center College of Design. He did a great speech for the Summer 2013 graduates, and surprised me, he asked me to design Chui, a character that will illustrate his speech. That is how Chui born, a character that illustrate our lives after the Art Center.

It was a very fun work for me. I decided to inspire Chui based on  some of my classmates on the class I was working as a TA. I did some previous designs, and we choose Dahye-Chui for being the one that was reflecting his idea.

Please read the speech here, and more about the Graduation and Richard:
http://blogs.artcenter.edu/dottedline/2013/08/20/2013-great-teacher-award-winner-richard-keyes-delivers-graduation-address-student-drawn-allegory-included/

I hope you like it!

★☆★☆★

Holaaaaa!!!
Lo que posteo hoy ha sido un trabajo muy divertido de hacer! Mi profesor  y amigo Richard Keyes, con el cual llevo trabajando cerca de un año ya como Ayudante de profesor, ha sido premiado como mejor profesor de la escuela, ganando el titulo de Great Teacher Award 2013 en  Art Center College of Design. Como mejor profesor, le pidieron que realizara el discurso de despedida a los graduados de verano 2013, y el, para mi sorpresa, me pido que lo ilustrara. Asi nacio Chui, un personaje que ilustra su discurso representando nuestras vidas despues de la graduacion en Art Center.

Como he dicho antes, me lo he pasado muy bien diseñandola. Para crear a Chui, me he basado en cuatro de mis compañeras de clase que encajaban perfectamente con su perfil. Y basados en el texto de Richard decidimos que Dahye-Chui era la que reflejava  mejor su idea. 

Os dejo la web de art Center donde se habla mas de todo esto, y donde podeis leer el discuros de graduacion escrito por Richard.

Espero que os guste!

Kt

No comments: